The Main House
ideal for 8 to 10 people
Locally known as Monticchio Vecchio, it is the oldest building on the property and was lived in by the Calzoni family. Due to its large scale we allow it to be used by clients and friends for special occasions.
The large living room opens onto its own private terrace and has direct access to the pool. Cool throughout the summer, this is where you come to escape the sun and simply relax or play cards. The room retains a natural grace, with its high ceiling, tall columns and the old mangers running down two of the walls.
Situated at the base of the tower is the kitchen. True to form, it is a place where everyone seems to gather. The island provides a natural divide to allow the ‘cook’ to perform in front of his audience. Outside there is a shaded terrace and BBQ. Off the kitchen is the dining room where the table seats twelve. One whole wall is taken up with our quirky collection of various bits and piece; once described as “high kitsch”!
A Memory: We moved into the house in June 2003 and never thought it would be 15 years before we had a toilet or heating in the building!
- 400 m2 of living space.
- Large living room with open fire.
- Dining room that seats 12
- Down stairs W.C.
- Laundry & Pantry
- 4 large double bedrooms all en-suite.
- Private garden with two terraces.
Included in the price
- Use of the apartment from Saturday to Saturday.
- All bed linen and towels (except pool towels).
- Gas, water, electricity and logs.
- Gas for the under floor heating, if required.
- Extra beds (€80 per week).
- Arrival after 5.00pm.
- Departure before 10.00am (unless arranged before hand).
- 50% deposit (non refundable) on booking.
- Balance to be paid 30 days before arrival.